Air Partner are leaders in Aviation Charter Broking, Training, consulting and outsourced services. We are looking for a NAV Developer Architect for a 3 to 6 month contract. The role reports to the Group Financial Controller and is responsible for the successful delivery of several NAV Solutions / Projects, most notably the integration from D365 CE and PSA.
You will also remain a useful contact for super users in Finance and IT Support as a point of reference for all Navision related issues. You will be expected to keep your technical skills up to date and be a reference for IT on technical matters.
As a Solution Architect, you will work closely with the Head of Business Applications to ensure that the development team have the required skills and knowledge, as well as having an understanding of the best practices that Navision requires to employ around any solution designs.
You will work with other areas of the business and also develop training plans and courses to improve the team’s knowledge, and become a champion for technical solutions for Navision 2016, with a keen understanding of Dynamics NAV development practices, and a good knowledge of other development techniques. You will also:
- Provide capability to develop sector-specific templates to enhance the out of the box Dynamics NAV functionality and deliver high-quality development services within tight deadlines
- Work closely with the architecture team, assisting to design and develop our most complex customer needs, providing development only where these requirements cannot be met through configuration
- Create high quality and sustainable client solutions and project documentation
- Deliver training needs to the team and coach junior staff members
- Deliver all consultancy according to documented project methodology, ensuring that all software applications are implemented successfully according to the project plan
- Meet and exceed customer expectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour
- Identify business/project risk and mitigate or communicate as necessary
- Communicate progress updates to relevant parties both formally and informally
- Support practice development activities such as defining and configuring industry-specific templates
- Carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by Directors
- In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training
- Always represent the business professionally and positively
This role involves a tight timetable on deliverables due to business-critical nature of the D365 booking tool roll out and you will need to have the ability to collaborate with overseas finance managers, overcoming any issues with language and culture to discuss their individual needs.
Working to one’s own initiative, you will act as a residential specialist for all things Navision, ensuring you take time to understand historical financial controls and auditing.
What we are looking for:
You will have a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude and a problem-solving approach, have right to work in the UK without visa sponsorship and be located within a reasonable commutable distance from our Gatwick office. You will also:
- Have extensive experience with Dynamics NAV up to the latest versions
- Have broad Dynamics NAV module understanding covering all core modules and additional add-on solutions
- Have strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Have direct experience in consultancy and solution architecture, ideally within a Microsoft - Gold Partner environment
- Have a track record of Dynamics NAV implementation experience either as a team member or team leader
- Posses knowledge of NAV implementation and end to end implementation
- Have experience with NAV interfacing and integration
- Have expertise in gathering technical requirement
- Know Agile and Sure Step methodologies (ideally)
- Have experience or exposure in other technologies such as D365, SQL, Power BI, SSAS,
- Have experience with SharePoint and knowledge of Azure, LCS, and .Net
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, along with well-developed interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to clients and colleagues
- Have strong personal organisation and time management skills
- Be committed to personal development in technical, functional and broader consulting skills
- Have a passion for delivering real business value through technology
Location Crawley, Gatwick
Closing date 10/25/2019 12:00:00 AM
Email To email@example.com