We are looking for an Airfield Wildlife Control Advisor to be based at RAF Lossiemouth / RLG KInloss bases, ideally from 3rd January 2020. The primary purpose of this role is to provide in-field Subject Matter Expert (SME) advice to our clients, whilst developing operational experience, delivering front-line risk mitigation on the active airfield; protecting aircrew, aviation assets and the general population in the surrounding area.
This role will be 43 hours per week on a sift system (earlies and lates), mainly between the hours of 7am and 11pm, Monday to Friday, with some weekend standby work.
Primary locations of work will RLG Kinloss (Lossiemouth’s relief landing ground) and RAF Lossiemouth.
All training will be conducted at Kinloss.
This role would suit an enthusiastic graduate looking to apply their degree in relatable subjects. We can offer career progression within the company as you develop your experience within the operation.
What you will be doing:
- Maintaining airside, active control to reduce the attractive value an airfield provides wildlife
- Championing environmentally friendly practices to mitigate the likelihood of wildlife strikes whilst minimising the impact to local ecosystems, through learned principles and methodologies
- As a last resort to preserve flight safety, humanely dispatching risk posing wildlife in adherence with specially obtained licences
- Recording all activities using bespoke data collection platforms
- Maintaining comprehensive communication with Air Traffic Control and other aerodrome safety stakeholders
- Contributing to the aerodrome safety programme by sharing your expertise, experience and ideas with the Unit Manager
- Providing SME consultation to aerodrome stakeholders, as directed by the Unit Manager
- Producing professionally formatted reports as required by the Unit Manager
What we are looking for:
- Degree educated in a relevant field
- A high attention to detail and very organised
- A high energy, hands on, proactive approach
- Good communication skills
- located in reasonable proximity to RAF Lossiemouth / RLG Kinloss
- Colour perception safe
- An ability to obtain and maintain the required qualifications e.g.
Security Check Clearance – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Firearms and Shotgun certification - https://www.gov.uk/shotgun-and-firearm-certificates
(These will be sorted once you start if you are successful and if you do not already hold these qualifications)
- A full and valid UK issued driving licence
- An interest in wildlife, the environment and ideally also in aviation
Location Elgin, Scotland
Closing date 12/13/2019 12:00:00 AM
Email To firstname.lastname@example.org