Are you a target driven, flexible individual with a freight background and the ability to grow business and build and maintain excellent client relationships? Do you love a challenge with great earning potential? If so, look no further!
We are looking for a driven Account Manager to join our Gatwick based Freight Department, to help build client relationships and service our existing and new client base with aircraft charter and onboard courier solutions.
You will report directly to the UK Team Leader and will assist with large contracts and other ad-hoc projects, building and developing key client and supplier relationships, as well as tightening global relationships with other Air Partner offices.
To compliment the primary role, it will be necessary on occasion to be included in various field activities such as client visits, airline visits, event attendance, aircraft viewings or flight riding.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting the Trading Manager and team in all aspects of day to day trading / brokering
- Creating, maintaining and developing relationships with clients and suppliers and maintaining active records of this within our CRM system
- Ensuring the speedy turnaround of new and existing client enquiries and tenders
- Coordinating bookings and their operations, ensuring orderly maintenance of paperwork and files
- Achieving targets set for each financial year, as a team and individually
- Assisting towards creating and executing a sales plan to bring onboard new clients, including sales visits and cold calling
- Conforming to all company procedures and compliance standards as set down in the employment contract and staff manual
- Participating in the out of hours, on call rota (only after your training period)
- Building new business for Air Partner in an extremely competitive market
- Managing and maintaining high service levels on demanding accounts
- Delivering high levels of customer orientated service
What we are looking for:
To be effective in this role you will have a good background in and understanding of freight, ideally brokering, demonstrate proactive sales ability, have smart procurement abilities, creative presenting skills, outstanding commercial awareness and negotiation talent. You will also:
- Be extremely customer focused with good people skills and the ability to form good business relationships
- Have an ability to communicate effectively and confidently face to face, verbally and in the written form
- Have a flexible approach to work and a willingness to participate in an out of hours on call rota (currently 1 week in 4)
- Be happy to travel nationally and internationally from time to time for business purposes
- Have an ability to maintain a sense of humour, even in a pressured environment
- Have excellent teamworking abilities
- Be very organised with excellent time management skills
- Be IT literate with the ability to learn the functions of numerous internal IT systems
- Be a competitive, results driven, highly motivated individual, hungry to win business
- Have a logical approach to problem solving and be able to adapt and keep up with changing situations
- Have proficiency in a second business language (ideally Dutch) - desirable
- Have previous experience working in an international team environment
Air Partner is one of the world’s leading air charter Companies with over 55 years of aviation experience. We service many different sectors and expertly co-ordinate thousands of individually tailored flights including private jets for CEO’s and celebrities, passenger aircraft charter for conferences, orchestras and product launches and freighters moving anything from general supplies to military vehicles.
With the business skyline changing faster than ever before we operate in a fast paced, intensely competitive sales environment which is challenging and not for the faint hearted! We are based in modern cutting-edge offices close to Gatwick airport with regular train services to The City and South Coast. Our culture is professional and fun and we recognise that our brokers play a vital role in defining our clients’ experience of Air Partner. With this in mind, our team are highly valued both internally and externally and this is recognised by the lucrative compensation packages and ongoing career development that we offer.
What we offer:
- A Generous base salary with additional uncapped performance bonus/ commission
- Private healthcare and gym membership
- Additional job security within a financially strong and secure PLC
- Career development opportunities within a company that invests in people and their personal development
- A fun and friendly working environment within an “open-door” office atmosphere
- The opportunity for extensive global travel
- Discounted public transport and interest free travel loans, or onsite parking
- Discounts and cash back on hundreds of retailers and service providers
- 26 days holiday in year one, increasing with time served
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Dress down Fridays and more
Department Freight Charter
Closing date 16/04/2019 0:00:00
Email To email@example.com