Are you a hardworking, experienced, generalist HR Business Partner with international experience? If so, read on!
Reporting to the Group HR Director, you will provide proactive and business focused advice and support to all managers, team leaders and staff across the Charter division, both in the UK and Internationally (mainly Germany, France, Italy, USA and the Middle East). As a member of the HR Leadership Team, you will contribution to the strategic People Plan and take the lead on a range of Group-wide People related activities, as well as line managing the Group Talent Acquisition Specialist.
This role has a broad generalist remit and will be primarily focused on operational activity and it is therefore important that you are truly happy to operate at a hands-on operational level, both nationally and internationally. In addition, you will be a member of the Operating Unit Leadership team for Charter, working with key business stakeholders within the division to develop Operating Unit Strategy.
Culturally this is a relationship-based business, so you must be able to build credibility quickly to get things done. With a mix of stakeholders, you will need to flex your communication style accordingly. As we work in an open plan office, people will drop by to ask for your advice, so you will be good at thinking on your feet and effectively managing people’s expectations.
What you will be doing:
- Developing and maintaining trusted and effective partnerships with all key stakeholders, challenging assumptions and thinking and working closely with them to co-develop solutions to meet their current and future business needs
- Assisting to bring the employer brand to life and create a culture that supports the outputs and delivery of the strategy
- Leading the development and maintenance of Group ‘s HR Policies and acting as the HR lead for GDPR
- Working with the Talent Acquisition specialist to effectively manage the end to end talent process (including graduates)
- Ensuring accuracy/ compliance of HR data for relevant areas of accountability
- Coaching, advising and supporting managers (both within the UK and internationally) in relation to people issues across the employee life cycle to drive high performance levels and legal compliance
- Acting as a change agent in regards to people-related activities e.g. restructures, compulsory redundancies, voluntary severance schemes etc.
- Assisting to manage the annual bonus/ salary review process
- Reviewing and implementing job grades to maintain consistency and fairness
- Offering fresh ideas and challenging the status quo, bringing everyone on board
- Providing management and direction to the Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Supporting the Group HR Director with work related to the strategic direction of the Group including acquisitions as well as with ad hoc project work
What we are looking for:
You will have worked in a fast-paced, commercial environment, have excellent communication skills and a professional and empathetic manner. You will feel comfortable challenging managers appropriately and respectfully, as well as being good at thinking on your feet and effectively managing people’s expectations. You will also:
- Have strong generalist HR experience in the UK as well as France, Germany and/ or Italy – ESSENTIAL
- Ideally have experience in generalist HR in the USA and/ or the Middle East as well
- Be happy/ able to travel internationally, visiting each office at least once a year
- Be approachable and have the ability to work pragmatically
- Be CIPD qualified (or equivalent)
- Have excellent knowledge of Employment Law with the ability to apply your knowledge to difference situations including unionised environments
- Have experience and a keen interest in effective Talent and Succession Management and Learning & Development approaches
- Have experience of Wellbeing and Wellness activities and developing Employee Resource Groups
- Have proven client relationship skills and be a driven, self-motivated individual who is able to work in a team setting and autonomously
- Have a general positive outlook, particularly in business change scenarios and well-developed influencing skills
- Have extensive experience of working closely with multiple stakeholders of all levels, some challenging, with differing agendas
- Have extensive experience of recruitment and selection across all levels
- Have experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Be confident, reliable and flexible
- Be meticulous with exceptional attention to detail
- Have good numeracy skills
Working with us:
Air Partner is one of the world’s leading air charter Companies with over 55 years of aviation experience. We service many different sectors and expertly co-ordinate thousands of individually tailored flights including private jets for CEO’s and celebrities, passenger aircraft charter for conferences, orchestras and product launches and freighters moving anything from general supplies to military vehicles.
With the business skyline changing faster than ever before we operate in a fast paced, intensely competitive sales environment which is challenging and not for the faint hearted! We are based in modern cutting-edge offices close to Gatwick airport with regular train services to The City and South Coast. Our culture is professional and fun with a focus on being extraordinary and working as one. Our teams are highly valued and this is recognised by the lucrative compensation packages and ongoing career development that we offer.
What We Offer:
- A competitive basic salary
- An excellent variety of employee benefits and a generous holiday entitlement
- The opportunity for global travel
- Key training, mentoring and ongoing support & development
- Career development opportunities within a company that invests in people and their personal development
- A friendly working environment within an “open-door” office atmosphere
Location Crawley, Gatwick
Closing date 01/07/2019 0:00:00
Email To email@example.com