Are you an adaptable, extremely hands-on and experienced Senior International HR Business Partner, with excellent people management skills? If so, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for!
We are looking for a Lead HRBP to manage the day to day activity of the HR Business Partnering, Talent Acquisiton and Learning Team (team size c 7-8 FTE) and act as a champion for change. You will take the HR expert lead, working in partnership with the business to identify opportunities and plans which challenge the status quo and drive improved business performance.
Reporting to and acting as the deputy to the Chief People & Technology Officer (CP&TO), you will provide Business Partnering via coaching, guidance and practical support on all people related matters, to key stakeholders, including MD of Charter UK & RoW, EVP Remarketing and ACMI and the President of the US team.
The role has a broad remit and requires a pragmatic balance of both strategic and operational working across International markets. The role includes employee engagement, employee relations, recruitment and selection, performance management, reward management, learning and development and working with the global offices, as well as HR project work.
Culturally this is a relationship-based business so you must be able to build credibility quickly to get things done. With a mix of stakeholders you will need to flex your communication style accordingly. As we work in an open plan office, people will drop by to ask for your advice so you will be good at thinking on your feet and effectively managing people’s expectations. We are also a small team so you will need to be prepared to take on all levels of work, with minimal admin support.
What you will be doing:
- Leading the HR team covering HR Business Partnering, Talent Acquisiton and Learning and Development
- Building relationships and forging alliances with managers and stakeholders across the Air Partner Group
- Coaching and supporting key stakeholders in relation to development of plans which achieve strategic objectives and drive high performance
- Proactively supporting, coaching and guiding managers in the development of their management skills, helping them reach complex decisions on all aspects of strategic HR; equipping them with the appropriate knowledge and tools to effectively manage their people
- Providing an expert HR advisory service to the business (both within the UK and internationally) in relation to all aspects of the employee lifecycle (assisted by our excellent Employee Advisors)
- Acting as a change agent in managing organisational change related to HR activities e.g. restructures, compulsory redundancies and voluntary severance schemes etc.
- Being the HR Lead on supporting the International markets on all aspects of people management, liaising with external legal advisors as required to ensure compliance with local labour laws and to navigate complex cases
- Maintaining, updating and drafting HR policies and procedures in line with local employment laws / regulations and supporting managers in the application of company practices
- Leading and delivering projects as directed by the CP&TO in support of the Air Partner People Strategy and business requirements
- Leading the HR team to develop and partner on initiatives that drive employee engagement
- Attending relevant weekly and monthly management meetings to give HR updates
- Offering fresh ideas and challenging the status quo in a way that brings everyone on board
What we are looking for:
You will be used to working in a fast-paced, commercial environment as a senior level generalist HR BP and ideally have some international experience. You will need to be extremely flexible and hands on and be able to adapt your approach to all levels and communication styles in order to influence effectively. You will also:
- Be CIPD qualified (or equivalent)
- Experience successfully leading, managing and mentoring teams
- Have up-to-date knowledge of Employment Law with the ability to apply your knowledge to difference situations
- Ideally have some international generalist HRBP experience
- Be an autonomous self-starter used to working in small teams with limited support functions and resources
- Have proven client relationship skills and be a driven, self-motivated individual who is able to work in a team setting and autonomously
- Have a general positive outlook, particularly in business change scenarios and excellent influencing skills
- Have extensive experience of recruitment and selection, including practical interviewing knowledge
- Have excellent communication skills with a professional and empathetic manner
- Have experience working with challenging people at all levels
- Be comfortable in challenging managers appropriately and respectfully
- Be good at thinking on your feet and effectively managing people’s expectations
- Be computer literate – familiar with Microsoft office packages, Word; Excel; and Power Point
Confident, reliable, flexible
- Be meticulous with exceptional attention to detail
- Have good numeracy skills
Founded in 1961, Air Partner is one of the world’s leading air charter broker companies. We service many different sectors and expertly co-ordinate thousands of individually tailored flights including private jets for CEO’s and celebrities, passenger aircraft charter for conferences, orchestras and product launches and freighters moving anything from general supplies to military vehicles and popstar’s concert sets.
We also provide world class aviation safety and security consulting and training globally and offer national outsourced services in Wildlife Hazard Management and ATC.
What we offer you*:
Although this is a full time, permanent role (37.5 hours per week), there is scope to work from home a few days each week, dependent on business needs. We cannot unfortunately accept applications from candidates looking for reduced or compressed hours or part time work.
- A competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus
- Interest free season ticket loan** or usually free parking
- Potential public transport discounts
- Private Medical Insurance**
- Life Assurance**
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly Air Partner Recognition Rewards (£50 vouchers and certificate for winner)
- 26 days annual leave with annual increases to 28 days after 2yrs service and 30 days after 4yrs service. Please note that this includes 3 days annual leave as directed by the company over the Christmas period
- Ability to purchase up to 5 more holidays and carry over 5 days
- Gym Membership**
- Cycle to Work Scheme**
- Eye Tests
- Long service awards
- Volunteering days
- Free hot drinks and fruit
- Dress down Fridays
- Development opportunities across the Group
- A friendly, yet challenging environment to work in
- £1,000 refer a friend scheme (T&Cs apply)
* All benefits are subject to change
** Available after successful completion of probation period
Location Gatwick, Crawley
Closing date 31/07/2020 0:00:00
Email To email@example.com