Have you got a Freight charter broking / On Board Courier Account Manager background? Are you looking for a change and that next step up the career ladder? Look no further.
If professionalism and great customer service are part of your identity and if you enjoy working in a challenging, fast-paced, dynamic, international environment, this could be the opportunity for you as we are recruiting for a Senior Freight Broker / Team Leader / Manager for our Cologne office. We offer you sky-high room to grow, a jet stream of exciting tasks, and an opportunity to travel the world, whilst using your current contacts and building new meaningful networks, leading a team and ultimately growing the business.
With the relationships built on continuous dedication and attentiveness over the past 58 years, Air Partner has developed a reputation of an experienced and trusted aviation company. We look forward to welcoming you into our world of challenging and rewarding experiences in the co-ordination of individually tailored charter freight flights and on-board courier services.
What you will be doing:
- Managing a team of charter brokers, in all aspects of day to day trading.
- Provide visible leadership and support within the broker team and with international colleagues.
- Providing a first class, Freight Broking / Account Management service to our customers and ensuring consistent service quality.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with clients, always going the extra mile
- Providing individually tailored solutions for charter and on-board courier enquiries
- Coordinating bookings and their operations as well as orderly maintenance of paperwork / files
- Creating, maintaining and developing relationships with clients and suppliers and maintaining active records of this within our CRM system
- Leading, creating and executing sales plans to bring onboard new international clients, including sales visits and cold calling
- Achieving targets set for each financial year
- Participate in the out of hours on call rota as well as managing the roster plan.
What we are looking for:
This role would suit a charter broker with prior experience, who is looking for the next step in their career. You will use your experience and networks to grow our business and guide and support others to be successful. We are looking for:
- Previous experience in cargo or onboard couriering bookings / sales/account management/broking
- Fluency in German and English (spoken and written)
- Fluency in one or more other language would be a bonus!
- A natural salesperson, driven by targets and the thrill of the sale
- People management and mentoring experience would be desirable
- A strong business mind, with a service and goal-oriented outlook
- Excellent social skills, the ability to work in team as well as lead it, even under pressure
- A willingness to travel
- A valid full German driving licence
What we offer you:
- The next step in your career
- A challenging and exciting position in an expanding company
- The chance for personal development and training in an exciting industry
- The ability to introduce and implement your own ideas and put them into action
- Fair remuneration which is supplemented by performance-related components
- The opportunity to travel internationally as part of your role
Are you ready to be airborne? If so, apply now!
Location Cologne, Germany
Closing date 31/01/2020 00:00:00
Email To Mike.Hill@airpartner.com