Senior Operations Controller
Air Partner is one of the world’s leading air charter Companies with over 55 years of aviation experience. We service many different sectors and expertly co-ordinate thousands of individually tailored flights including private jets for CEO’s and celebrities, passenger aircraft charter for conferences, orchestras and product launches and freighters moving anything from general supplies to military vehicles.
With the business skyline changing faster than ever before we operate in a fast paced, intensely competitive sales environment which is challenging and not for the faint hearted! We are based in modern cutting edge offices close to Gatwick airport with regular train services to The City and South Coast. Our culture is professional and fun and we recognise that our brokers play a vital role in defining our clients’ experience of Air Partner. With this in mind our team are highly valued both internally and externally and this is recognised by the lucrative compensation packages and ongoing career development that we offer.
Job Purpose Statement
The Operations Control Centre performs all functions required to ensure a safe and punctual schedule is delivered across the network, whilst meeting customers’ expectations regarding reliability and punctuality.
The Senior OCC’s lead the Operations department ensuring that all flights are scheduled accordingly, and disruptions dealt with in a professional manner.
General responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Lead the Operations Control team ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that the operations run smoothly particularly during periods of disruptions
- Liaise with the Director of Aircraft Maintenance regarding the serviceability of aircraft
- Review disruptions handling procedures and make recommendations to departmental managers for improvements
- Continually review and recommend improvements to the procedures and implement such changes accordingly, and communicated to staff
- Maintain all flight reports and crew records, including arrangements for information required to be retained on the ground or preserved in accordance with the requirements given in OM A Section 3.
- Ensure the competence and training of all operations staff in accordance with the Operations Procedures Manual and the Operations Training Manual, and ensuring the initial and recurrent training records of Operations staff are maintained in accordance with the Operations Training Manual
- The discipline and welfare of Operations Staff
- Ensuring that all copies of the Operations Procedures Manual are properly maintained with respect to the amendments and updates.
- Manage any crew issuing during out of hours office, weekend and bank holidays with the operation department.
- Role of Line support, ops trainer, sickness and leave cover
- Working in a fast paced environment
- Managing and maintaining high service levels
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Have a good working knowledge of the Operations Control function
- Have a good working knowledge of flight operations software
- Have advanced knowledge of MS Office Applications
- Have excellent Communication & Reporting skills
- Be well organised to manage busy workload
- Demonstrate good attention to detail
- Be able to work as part of a small team
- Be proactive in approach to all responsibilities with ability to work on own initiative and to specific deadlines
- Able to recognise and deal with challenges promptly and efficiently
- Demonstrate qualities of self-motivation and professionalism
- Have a flexible approach to working hours as necessary
- Educated to GCSE standard, including as a minimum Maths and English
- OCC experience for at least 3 years
- Basic Police Clearance Certificate deemed satisfactory to Air Partner.
- References covering a period of 3 years
What We Offer
- Competitive basic salary
- An excellent variety of employee benefits and a generous holiday entitlement
- Opportunity for global travel
- Key training, mentoring and ongoing support & development
- Career development opportunities within a company that invests in people and their personal development.
- A fun and friendly working environment within an “open-door” office atmosphere.
If you are looking for a new challenge with an exciting, fast moving, successful company, please send your CV to email@example.com