Air Partner is one of the world’s leading air charter Companies with over 55 years of aviation experience. We service many different sectors and expertly co-ordinate thousands of individually tailored flights including private jets for CEO’s and celebrities, passenger aircraft charter for conferences, orchestras and product launches and freighters moving anything from general supplies to military vehicles.
With the business skyline changing faster than ever before we operate in a fast paced, intensely competitive sales environment which is challenging and not for the faint hearted! We are based in modern cutting edge offices close to Gatwick airport with regular train services to The City and South Coast. Our culture is professional and fun and we recognise that our brokers play a vital role in defining our clients’ experience of Air Partner. With this in mind our team are highly valued both internally and externally and this is recognised by the lucrative compensation packages and ongoing career development that we offer.
Job Purpose Statement
The role of the Travel Consultant is to support the Senior Travel Consultant and Travel Manager in ensuring that a seamless service is provided to both internal and external clients.
- Provide support to the Travel Division in booking schedule service flights (predominly groups from the initial enquiry through to departure)
- Achieve targets set for each financial year
- Assist in the smooth running of the department
- Provide a first class service to clients and attain feedback
- Assist with the preparation of customer refunds
- Generate leads to increase the departments account portfolio
- Assist with overseeing groups off at Gatwick and Heathrow airport
- Working towards proactively growing the business by increasing the number of active clients and turnover
- Commercial awareness – ‘Thinking outside of the box’
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of the travel industry and the changing markets within it
- IT Literate, proficient in Excel and Outlook
- Excellent team player
- Flexible approach and adaptable to change
- GDS and airfares knowledge, Amadeus preferred
- Geographical and airline knowledge is essential
- Highly motivated and customer focused
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize pro-actively and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Extremely organised, with a high attention to detail
- Presentable with the confidence to meet clients, suppliers and conduct sales
- Understanding of booking group flights, ticketing and a sound knowledge of airline fare rules is an advantage
What We Offer
- Competitive basic salary
- An excellent variety of employee benefits and a generous holiday entitlement
- Opportunity for global travel
- Key training, mentoring and ongoing support & development
- Career development opportunities within a company that invests in people and their personal development.
- A fun and friendly working environment within an “open-door” office atmosphere.
If you are looking for a new challenge with an exciting, fast moving, successful company, please send your CV to email@example.com